4–6-year commercial Lawyer, broad work mix | Global company, animal health | Great in house opportunity, good training, and mentoring
Excellent in-house opportunity for a 4-6 year commercial lawyer to join a global animal health company with iconic brands.
- 4-6-year commercial lawyer, broad range of work
- Global company, animal health
- Great in-house opportunity, good training, and mentoring.
Our client is a global company with iconic brands well known in Australia and overseas.A 4-6 year corporate/ commercial lawyer with a strong contract and broad commercial law background is sought for this extremely varied, business facing role. Working relatively autonomously, you will be part of a cohesive team and shall be involved in a broad spectrum of matters. Which will include:
- Negotiating, drafting, and reviewing a wide range of commercial agreements. Including distribution, supply, service, consulting, marketing and sales agreements.
- Advising the business on a variety of legal issues including general commercial law, intellectual property law, consumer law/marketing issues, and disputes and litigation.
- Assisting in business projects in (local and overseas markets).
- Advising on corporate law, regulatory issues, compliance, governance and, assisting in company secretarial matters.
- Providing compliance training to the business
- Providing Litigation Support.
This role will suit a commercial lawyer with sound technical skills obtained from a well-regarded law firm. In addition to sound law firm training, any in-house experience and any relevant Pharma and/or FMCG industry experience will be considered favourably but is not essential.
An enthusiastic, pro-active, and commercial approach, excellent drafting and negotiation skills and the abilities to deal with all levels of the organisation and meet timeframes is essential. Resilience, the ability to work autonomously, a pragmatic approach and a willingness to learn and contribute to a business is also required.
What this role offers you
This role will offer a broad in-house experience in a consumer facing business, training, and mentoring and, the opportunity to develop your career within a supportive, high performing environment.
Location: Rhodes, Sydney, NSW
For further information on this position please contact Lisa Gazis:
P: (02) 9241 1199
Mahlab is Australia’s leading independent legal search firm. We specialise in placing lawyers into corporations and private practice law firms throughout Australia and internationally.
For industry and salary advice, or to submit an enquiry, please visit our website www.mahlab.com.au or contact us in Sydney (02) 9241 1199 and Melbourne (03) 9629 2111.