Market leading international automotive company | Variety of work and close interaction with the business | Role sits on executive leadership team with unique benefits on offer
A rare opportunity to develop your career in a senior role with a leading market brand in a highly commercial, fast paced and driven environment.
- Market leading international automotive company
- Variety of work and close interaction with the business
- Role sits on executive leadership team with unique benefits on offer
Our client is a high profile and market leading international company in the automotive industry. An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced commercial lawyer in this lead legal role.
A confident, pragmatic and solutions focused commercial lawyer with at least 8-10 years’ experience is sought for this key senior role. A genuine interest in the automotive industry is desirable.
Working autonomously and reporting to the CEO your key responsibilities will include:
- Being the point of contact for all legal, regulatory, risk/compliance and company secretariat matters
- Advising on all commercial arrangements including sales, marketing and sponsorship agreements, franchising, consumer law, property law, product liability and insurance matters
- Developing and managing compliance programmes and providing training on legal issues
- Managing external legal providers & legal budget
An experienced “can do” corporate/commercial lawyer with strong contract law and consumer law experience is sought. Any prior franchising experience will also be highly desirable. Experience in product liability and insurance matters will also be well regarded. Previous experience in a high value durable goods or consumer facing industry will be viewed favourably. Strong problem solving, negotiating and analytical skills are required.
The ideal candidate will have broad commercial legal experience and a hands on, flexible approach. Strong influencing and interpersonal skills and a high degree of professionalism and commerciality are essential qualities.
For further information on this position please contact John Egerton:
P: (02) 9241 1199
Mahlab is Australia’s leading independent legal search firm. We specialise in placing lawyers into corporations and private practice law firms throughout Australia and internationally.
For industry and salary advice, or to submit an enquiry, please visit our website www.mahlab.com.au or contact us in Sydney (02) 9241 1199 and Melbourne (03) 9629 2111.