Fast growing healthcare organisation | Commercial contracts experience | Highly commercial environment. Sydney CBD location with flexible working
Excellent in-house role for a commercial lawyer in a growing healthcare market leader offering challenge, variety and responsibility.
- Fast growing healthcare organisation
- Commercial contracts experience
- Highly commercial environment. Sydney CBD location with flexible working
About the client
Our client is a major player in the medical industry with a substantial Australian presence and operations in New Zealand and is undergoing a rapid digital transformation program.
About the role
The Legal Counsel will be responsible for managing a variety of commercial legal work for this fast-growing organisation’s procurement and IT team as well as supporting the Senior Legal Counsel and General Counsel & Company Secretary on a range of other matters. A commercial lawyer with at least 3 years’ experience is sought for this varied, business facing role.
Reporting to the Senior Legal Counsel, your core duties and responsibilities will include:
- Utilising your strong commercial acumen and interpersonal skills to effectively partner with various business units to support them by providing advice on commercial contracts.
- Working with internal stakeholders to draft, review and negotiate a variety of commercial contracts including services agreements and procurement agreements.
- Supporting the Procurement and IT teams to strengthen their management of legal risk and improve contract compliance.
Assisting to identify and mitigate risk across the organisation and support the Risk Management Framework.
- Finding new ways to simply, collaborate and innovate and improve the delivery of legal services to the business units.
- Promoting legal compliance awareness in the business including conducting training programs.
- Building robust relationships with the business, understanding the strategic needs and objectives and provide legal advice and solutions.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Superior knowledge of Commercial Law, strong contract negotiation skills and provision of legal advice to diverse client groups
- Ability to deliver legal advice in a practical and straightforward way to inform business decision making.
- Capacity to develop strong professional relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- Excellent time management skills, being able to work to tight deadlines, with accuracy and a high attention to detail.
- Practical, commercially minded, a strong work ethic and a positive team attitude.
- Possess a Law degree from a recognised institution in Australia, admitted to practice law in Australia with at least 3 years post admission experience in commercial legal practice (preferably mid or top tier private practice or in house at a medium to large organisation).
Operating in a fast paced and highly commercial environment, this role suits a business focused lawyer who enjoys working independently and dealing with a variety of people across all levels of the organisation. You will be adaptable, and service oriented with strong interpersonal and communication skills and take initiative to support the legal strategy across the organisation.
What this role offers you
This role offers considerable challenge, variety and responsibility in a fast-growing global market leader. Flexible and hybrid working is available as is the chance to join a close knit, collegiate environment. Attractive remuneration package on offer.
For further information on this position please contact John Egerton:
P: (02) 9241 1199
Mahlab is Australia’s leading independent legal search firm. We specialise in placing lawyers into corporations and private practice law firms throughout Australia and internationally.
For industry and salary advice, or to submit an enquiry, please visit our website www.mahlab.com.au or contact us in Sydney (02) 9241 1199 and Melbourne (03) 9629 2111.